Delicious Almond Protein Cake
Everyone needs an easy almond cake on their cake list, as they are often naturally gluten and dairy-free. However, this cake is not only super simple to make and delicious, it is also high in protein. This almond protein cake uses ground almonds and egg whites, no protein powder. So if you are someone that cannot afford to buy protein powder you can always use whole food alternatives such as egg whites.
10 Egg Whites
1 Glass of Ground Almonds
1 Glass of Sugar
3 drops of Vanilla
1/2tsp Baking Powder
Ingredients for the Cream
1/2 Litre Milk (any milk e.g. almond milk)
3-4 Egg Whites
2tbsps Flour (can use ground almond flour)
Grated Lemon Skin
Method For the Cake
- Mix well the egg whites with the sugar
- Add in the ground almonds, vanilla, and baking powder. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a Traybake Cake Tin
- Cook on a Medium Heat for 40-50 minutes
Method For the Cream
- Heat the milk
- Dissolve the flour in a little milk
- Beat sugar with egg whites, add the grated lemon skin. Add mixture to the milk.
- Stir on a low heat for 4-5 minutes until the mixture has thickened and the cream has cooked.
If you liked this post why not give it a share...