Cajun Turkey Breast Steaks with pineapple salsa
4 Turkey breast steaks
200g Basmati Rice
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp sunflower oil5oz 140g fresh pineapple (or 220g can pineapple rings, drained)
5oz 140g fresh pineapple (or 220g can pineapple rings, drained)
1/2 green chilli, finely chopped
Juice 1 Lime
- Wash the basmati rice under cold water. Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes, this will make the rice soft (optional). Boil the rice with half a lemon.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the half of the onion and half the pepper until softened and colored. Once the rice is cooked, add it to the mixture, and a pinch of salt.
- Dust the turkey steaks with the Cajun spice and griddle or fry in a non-stick pan for about 4-6 mins on each side until cooked through.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces and mix together with the reserved red onion, green chilli and lime juice.
- Spoon some salsa over each steak and serve with the rice.
If you liked this post, why not give it a share...