Delicious Chickpea Burgers
We all love some burgers, while these burgers may be vegetarian that does not matter. These chickpea burgers are super simple to make, packed with flavour and are seriously satisfying.
With great nutritional benefits, high in protein, fibre and low in fat, these delicious chickpea burgers will have you adding them to your recipe list!
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- zest 1 lemon, plus juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, lemon juice and zest, half the coriander, spinach, cumin, the egg and salt and ground black pepper.
- Once the mixture is well combined has become a thick consistency, transfer the mix into a bowl and mix with 80g of the diced onions and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a griddle pan until hot. Grill the burgers on medium, so they don’t burn, for 4 mins each side.
- To serve, slice a bun or eat with a freshly cut salad or some grilled vegetables.
If you liked this post, why not give it a share...