Signs you Have an Eating Disorder
You do not need to show all of these signs to have an eating disorder
- Do you believe yourself to be fat when others say you are too thin?
- Do you make yourself sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry you have lost control over how much you eat?
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you exercise excessively?
- Would you say food dominates your life? Do you think about food all the time, it is the first thing you think of when you wake up and the last thing when you go to bed?
- Excessive concern over gaining weight and calories
- Are you repeatedly weighing yourself and looking at yourself in the mirror?
- Have you lost your period?
- Are you only eating low-calorie foods?
- Do you feel uncomfortable or do you refuse to eat in public places, such as at a restaurant?
- If you do end up going to a restaurant do you get scared and anxious? Do you check the nutritional information of the restaurant before going?
- Are your scared to eat dirty/processed/unhealthy foods because you will get fat? (rather eat 'clean foods')
- Do you force yourself not to eat even though you are hungry?
- Have you recently lost more than one stone (six kilograms) in a three-month period?
Signs family or friends should look out for:
- Do they make repeated claims that they've already eaten, or they'll shortly be going out to eat somewhere else and avoiding eating at home
- Are they only eating certain low-calorie foods in your presence, such as lettuce or celery
- Do they cook big or complicated meals for other people, but eat little or none of the food themselves
- Do they weigh out all of their food?
- Do they complain of being fat, even though they have a normal weight or are underweight